Monday, October 21, 2013

Harry Potter Fan Gift Idea

I have 6 children, so there is always a party going on.  My 13 year old daughter was invited to a friends party this past weekend. I must inspire my daughter because the normal lotion/ make-up present was just not going to cut it.  Her friend loves Harry Potter so we scoured Pinterest for the perfect gift. My daughter took several of the birthday party ideas we found and evolved them in to the perfect Harry Potter fan gift.  Most of the work was done by her (she wanted me to make sure I gave her the credit). 

Here's our her final work:


She purchased a chest at Hobby Lobby.


We created a Gryffindor stencil using the Silhouette cutting machine
and an svg from their online store. We used black paint to paint the stencil and allowed it to dry before pulling up.  (in the future I would paint with a clear paint first so that the paint does not bleed on the raw wood)


My daughter bought several types of candies. We were in luck that it's Halloween because we found all the "gross" candies as well.  Aren't these Red Hots cute in a Tic-Tac like container?


We used printables from Over the Big Moon to adhere and attach to the candy.
{use the above link for the free printables}


Chocolate Twizzlers for Chocolate Wands


Pixie Sticks and Nerds fit perfectly into the test tubes.


 Super Cute


And it all "magically" fit!


We also printed a 5x7 of this printable found at Simply Fresh Designs.
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Professor Dubledore


{check out my supply store for tubes and other Harry Potter party ideas}





1 comment: